So Tiger-spitzer continues to grow in curiosity as we seemingly can't get enough of this story. We're intrigued for the obvious reason: We love to see celebrities who appear to have it all screw up. And as the press and media consume this story like Katrina, I came to a fascinating realization...in a few weeks we're going to pretend like it never happened.
I'm going to give you a few examples of major scandals/affairs and the aftermath of them...
Kobe Bryant:
Had an affair, was accused of rape, the charges were dropped, as were all his sponsorships. The media was obsessed with this story. Everyone questioned how this will affect him. A few months later, he started playing basketball again, went on to win a championship and got his sponsorships back. Result: We could care less now
Alex Rodriguez:
Was the biggest name to admit to using steroids, calling it "a very loosey goosey time"(which is also my new favorite expression. It works while describing any scenario, try it out). Also had an affair with Madonna and a few strippers north of the border. The media ate it up like Tony Soprano on a Sunday dinner. A few months later, he returns to baseball, starts hitting a bunch of homeruns, dates Kate Hudson, wins a championship and we don't even mention the problems from the offseason. Result: We could care less now
Michael Vick:
Gets arrested for an interstate dog fighting ring. Somehow gets sentenced to two years in prison, loses all his sponsorships and is forced to take communal showers with men named Maurice and Skinny Pete. A few years later, he signs a multimillion dollar deal to return to play football. Result: We could care less now.
Jude Law:
Has an affair with the nanny and subsequently gets divorced from Sienna Miller. What an idiot. This isn't even defensible. I can't even fathom this. I mean have you seen Sienna Miller? Really Jude Law? The nanny? What was this guy thinking. I hope this ruins his career. Honestly. Look at her...
These are only a few examples and Tiger is just the latest and greatest example of a celebrity or athlete screwing up big time. But the reason we could care less is that we only care about our celebrities and athletes in the context that made them famous. We want to see Kobe taking over games, and A-Rod manning the hot corner. As long as they are doing what we expect them to do in their career then at the end of the day we don't care what they do off the field. It may dominate the headlines now, but once they get back to whatever it is they do, it becomes a non issue. And I can guarantee once Tiger tee's off at the Masters and puts on a dominating performance, we aren't even going to mention this little incident.
Switching gears, its time to return to an old staple of ETC ETC ETC. This past summer we unveiled the Nic Cage Movie Review System. It's simple, its informative and its 1000x better then the boring and played "star system".
The Taking of Pelham 123
"Pulse of the Rockies"
Well the month of November is officially in the books and so too is the epic mustache of Yahtzee. I know I am sad to see that man growth go, and am officially petitioning to Yahtzee to keep it going, see how thick it can grow. Who knows where it might take you. Look where a mustache took Tom Selleck. Anyway here is Yahtzee with his last picture update.
Hey All -
I made it! Me and Mr. Mustache lasted the whole month. And what a ride it was... The final picture is attached below.
Thanks again for all your support. I really appreciate your donations.
All the best,
Good Job by Yahtzee for growing a man's stache. You are now officially a gentleman and a scholar. The next step is to rock a tailored suit when you go out and drink only the finest scotch. Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, any kind of Glen really. Anyway that does it for this edition. I ask that if you read the blog, and enjoy it that you become a follower on the side of the webpage. We've been stuck on 34 for way too long, and are looking to make a charge up Google's list as the year comes to a close. So until next time, as always.....Stay Sweet!


Skinny Pete...from Italian Job? nice blog this week Caz...keep it up...I like your style.
ReplyDeleteGreen monsters?